Long-term Disability (LTD)
Long-term disability (LTD) benefits are designed to provide you with income if you are absent from work for six consecutive months or longer due to an eligible illness or injury.
For most business units, Northrop Grumman provides two kinds of LTD insurance: basic and optional. Depending on where you work, you may have both basic and optional coverage, or you may have optional only.
- 50% of your monthly base salary
- Optional LTD coverage is available.
- Additional 10% for total coverage of 60% of your monthly base salary
- No evidence of insurability (EOI) is required if you enroll when newly eligible
- Maximum monthly benefit of $15,000 (reduced by certain other income, including any other disability income, Social Security income or Northrop Grumman pension payment you receive)
- To enroll in optional coverage, please visit NetBenefits.
The LTD policy includes a pre-existing condition exclusion that may apply to both the Basic and Optional LTD benefit. Consult the Summary Plan Descriptions (SPD) for detailed information.