The medical plan options offered by Northrop Grumman are designed to promote good health and provide comprehensive coverage for you and your family with a wide range of alternatives for how and when you spend your healthcare dollars.
When you choose a medical plan, it’s important to consider your current and future medical needs, whether to choose a higher or lower deductible and premium, and which plan offers you the best value. Visit the Summaries of Benefits and Coverage (SBCs) page to view the different Northrop Grumman details.
You can view your elections on NetBenefits.
Anthem is the administrator of the following plan options available to most employees.
You are covered 100% for nationally recommended services.
For non-preventive care, you must satisfy your plan year deductible. The deductible is the amount you pay out of pocket before the plan begins to pay benefits. Preventive care is not subject to the deductible.
- Plan 1 - High Premium/Low Deductible Plan, there is a separate deductible for prescription drugs.
- Plan 2 - Medium Premium/Medium Deductible
- Plan 3 - Low Premium/High Deductible Plan
- Plan 4- Medium Premium/Medium Deductible Utah Extended Network Plan, one deductible applies to both medical and prescription drug expenses.
You pay coinsurance for covered services. You are covered 100% in-network if and when you meet your out-of-pocket maximum.
Anthem Blue Cross Global Core
The Anthem Blue Cross Global Core Program gives enrolled employees benefits when they travel outside of the U.S. Participants have access to doctors and hospitals in nearly 190 countries and territories around the world. You can find a claim form here.
View the Annual Enrollment Guide for detailed information about the coverage available under each Anthem plan.
- For the Northrop Grumman Health Plan you will need to enter 80-0640649 for the 9 digit EIN.
- For the Northrop Grumman Retiree Medical Plan you will need to enter 95-1055798 for the 9 digit EIN.
Prescription Drug Coverage
CVS Caremark is the administrator of the prescription drug benefit in medical plans administered by Anthem. You will receive a separate ID card from CVS Caremark for your prescription drug coverage.
The Anthem plan options are subject to the following prescription drug program provisions:
Step Therapy is a program to promote the use of lower cost, but equally effective generic drugs before you "step up" to higher cost brand name drugs. Step therapy programs will change as they are added and deleted by CVS Caremark. See the CVS Caremark Step Therapy Brochure for more information.
Under the Generics Preferred program, prescriptions will automatically be filled with a chemically equivalent generic drug, if available and appropriate. Log in to CVS Caremark to view the current Preferred Drug List.
Members must obtain a 90-day supply of maintenance prescription drugs used to treat an ongoing medical condition through CVS Caremark mail order service or from a CVS Pharmacy. (You are limited to one initial fill, plus one refill, for long-term prescriptions filled at a retail pharmacy.) Log in to CVS Caremark to view the current list of Maintenance Medications, and view the CVS Caremark Mail Service Brochure for more information.
CVS Caremark Specialty Pharmacy
The CVS Caremark Specialty Pharmacy helps patients manage many complex health conditions such as asthma, hepatitis C, multiple sclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis. After one retail fill, these prescriptions must be filled through the CVS Caremark Specialty Pharmacy.
For more information:
- CVS/Caremark Specialty Pharmacy Brochure
- Specialty Guideline Management (SGM) Therapy and Drug Overview
Biosimilars medications are highly similar to biologics and have no clinically meaningful difference as compared to their reference biologic. To learn more about these medications view the brochure.
Sunnyvale and Baltimore represented employees are eligible to choose between a Premium Plan and Value Plan. For detailed information, refer to the Summary of Benefits and Coverage:
- Sunnyvale: Premium Health Plan and Value Health Plan
- Baltimore: Premium Plus Plan, Premium Plan and Value Health Plan
To learn about plan changes and election options during annual enrollment, view the Annual Enrollment Guide.
Credit for Baltimore Represented Employees who do not use tobacco Baltimore represented employees who attest that they and their covered family members do not use tobacco will receive a $15 credit per month towards their required contribution for medical plan coverage.
- You must attest that you and your covered dependents do not use tobacco products to be eligible for the credit.*
- The credit is only available to employees enrolled in an eligible Northrop Grumman Health Plan medical option.** If you are enrolled in an ineligible medical plan option or elect “No coverage,” you are not eligible.
- The credit will reduce your medical payroll deductions – it is not a cash payment and will not appear as a separate line item on your paystub.
- If you do not complete the Tobacco Usage Attestation for yourself and your covered dependents, you will be defaulted to tobacco usage status and will not receive the credit.
- If you attest to being tobacco free after your initial enrollment period has ended, (outside 31 days of your hire date or date of Logon letter), the non-tobacco credit will be applied as soon as administratively possible on a prospective (future) basis.
* In some cases, engaging in a tobacco-cessation program may make you eligible for the credit.
**The credit does not apply to the TRICARE Supplement.
Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) Plans
HMO plan options are offered through Kaiser. Their availability varies depending on your location. Review the plan's summary of benefits coverage applicable to your area for details on plan coverage. For more information on Kaiser services and programs, click here.
Kaiser HSA Plans
Kaiser medical plan options include Kaiser Northern California HSA Plan, Kaiser Southern California HSA Plan, and Kaiser Mid-Atlantic HSA Plan. Because these plans qualify as high-deductible health plans, or HDHPs, they are HSA-eligible – meaning you can establish and contribute to an HSA as long as you have no other disqualifying coverage. An HSA has significant short- and long-term tax advantages to help with medical expenses now and in the future. To learn more, review the appropriate Summary of Benefits Coverage (SBC) or go to NetBenefits for plan details.
Prescription Drug Coverage
Prescription drug benefits are offered through Kaiser. For information on the prescription drug coverage included with your plan, review the appropriate Summary of Benefits and Coverage for your HMO plan.
Rx Savings Solutions can help Anthem members and covered family members lower prescription drug costs. Rx Savings Solutions:
- Looks at the meds you take and finds options that may save you money.
- Let’s you compare prices among different types of medications.
- Helps you switch to a more affordable prescription.
View testimonials from an actual RxSS member.
Anthem medical plans include travel benefits to enable you and/or your covered dependents to access in-network services if you can’t access them in your immediate area. If an in-network provider is not available within 100 miles of your home, Northrop Grumman will cover up to a lifetime maximum of $5,000 in travel costs including airfare, lodging, and meals. This will allow you to receive treatment at the closest in-network facility available. To learn more, please contact Anthem at 800-894-1374.
To ensure employees working overseas have adequate health insurance, Cigna Global Medical coverage is mandatory for all expatriates and their covered dependents. (Depending on the assignment, expatriates may opt out of Cigna Global Medical with proof of other international medical coverage or proof of TRICARE coverage.)
The plan offers coverage overseas and within the U.S., based on where the services are received:
- Outside the U.S.
- Inside the U.S. through an in-network provider or facility
- Inside the U.S. through an out-of-network provider or facility
See the Cigna Global Summary of Benefits for information about medical and prescription drug coverage.
Use Global Telehealth through the Global Wellbeing App to speak with a doctor quickly. Appointments are usually scheduled for the same day and are available 24 hours from anywhere in the world.
Telemedicine through LiveHealth® Online allows employees and their family members to visit with a board-certified doctor in the comfort of their home by using a smartphone, tablet or computer with a webcam for non-urgent services like pinkeye, a cold, the flu, a fever, rashes, infections, allergies or other common health conditions. No appointments, no driving and no waiting at an urgent care center. Doctors are available 24/7 and, if needed, they can send a prescription to your local pharmacy. Free lactation support is also available.
Dermatologists, therapists, and psychologists are also available by appointment seven days a week – costs vary depending on your medical plan and type of service. Consultants are also available to discuss your concerns and provide personalized advice.
You can use LiveHealth® Online regardless of whether you’re enrolled in a Northrop Grumman medical plan. Employees enrolled in an Anthem plan pay $10 per visit. All others pay $59 per visit.
Go to https://www.livehealthonline.com to learn more.
Kaiser members can use the Kaiser telemedicine video visits at https://www.kp.org at no additional charge.